Fayetteville-Cumberland Parks and Recreation
Capital Projects Bond Package | What is a Bond? | Benefits of the Package | FAQ's | Maps | Comments & Questions
What are the benefits of parks and recreation?
- Healthier minds and bodies
- Safe places to recreate
- Community livability and pride
- Protecting "special" places for future generations
- Economic and social benefits
- Creating self esteem for young people
- Providing places to "smell the roses"
- Connecting people of all ages and culture
- Preserving greenspace
- Stronger families
- Fresh air, clean water and a place for wildlife
- Happy faces, minds, and bodies!
What are the benefits of the Capital Projects Bond Package?
- Quality of Life and Healthy, Active Lifestyles
Clean, well maintained, professionally staffed facilities enhance the community’s quality of life and reputation for concern for its’ citizens well being
A variety of recreational opportunities are proposed that reach all ages, income levels, interests, abilities and stages of life
- Economic Development
- Communities that offer a wide variety of recreational facilities and opportunities are often viewed more favorably by corporations concerned for their employees when deciding on a new location
- Local businesses such as motel/hotel, restaurants, shopping centers will see increased traffic when regional, state-wide tournaments, activities are held
- Provide / Enhance Partnerships
P&R can provide additional facility and programming partnerships for organizations such as
- Cumberland County Schools
- Health organizations
- Non-profit organizations
- For-profit businesses
- Revenue Opportunities
While operating costs can be offset with membership and programming fees, other opportunities can include:
- New / additional revenue sources
- Revenue opportunities for partnering agencies
- Reasonable Rates / Quality Programming
Public recreation facilities can offer the same programs, activities and facilities at a less expensive rate than a private/chain facility; citizens have other options when deciding their recreational/fitness needs
- Facilities that fill a Void
The proposed projects fill in the gaps that exist in the P&R system and add such facilities as swimming pools, new parks and competition quality amenities not currently found in this community
Older, over-used and well worn facilities will get a face-life, which in turn increases property values, pride in a community and a renewed sense of purpose; increased program participation, revenues and opportunity are also a by-product of a renovated facility
- Fayetteville becomes the destination!
Stay and play / come here and play!!!