Joint City & County Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission
- Date: 11/26/2019 5:30 PM
- Location: Parks & Recreation Administrative Office Conference Room
121 Lamon Street
Fayetteville, North Carolina
- Introduction: Regular meetings occur on the last Tuesday of each month.
1. To advise, encourage, counsel, solicit, inform and promote the dedication and establishment of parks and recreation areas of all sizes and descriptions in all Sections of Cumberland County and, in particular, those areas where development is taking place, with the ultimate aim of making neighborhood playgrounds and parks accessible to all residents of the County through donations or dedication of property either perpetually or for a limited term.
2. To promote studies and plans of parks and recreational needs of Cumberland County, and inform and advise the Fayetteville City Council and the Cumberland County Board of Commissioners and conduct public information programs to develop public awareness of the need for such facilities.
3. To advise the Parks & Recreation Director in planning recreational programs and activities and encourage voluntary sponsorship and participation in the same clubs, societies, social and business organizations neighborhood groups and individuals.
4. To coordinate and liaise with other organizations in the full development of their programs and functions as they relate to parks, playgrounds, and recreational areas.
5. To advise the Parks & Recreation Director in acquiring land and water areas and accepting any grant, gift, bequest or donation and any personal or real properties offered or made available for recreational purposes.
6. To encourage a program for the establishment of memorial parks and Playgrounds.
7. To assist and encourage the Parks & Recreation Director in the conservation and development of the natural beauty of Fayetteville and Cumberland County.
And further, to advise and comment on:
1. A Master Plan for Parks and Recreation;
2. A Capital Improvement Plan;
3. Programming to maintain and increase program participation
A. Establish and maintain appeals process of staff decisions on programming issues;
B. Establish and maintain Program Standards;
4. Standards for facility usage and charges; and
5. Preservation of historical sites and conservation of green space